6154 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Proliant ML110

d marsh

HP Proliant ML110

Hi all,

HP Proliant ML110 G5

I am trying to install Server 2003, I put in the Proliant easy setup disk which came with my server.

I place the disk in, and the setup cd starts and goes into the HP setup. There is an option to deploy server but it won't go any further.

The error which appears is:

"the primary controller configured in your system is not supported by this version of hp proliant easy set-up cd"

If I try an configure the raid within the hp setup, it says "acu did not detect any supported controllers"

I get the same error even if I configure the raid first in the bios, or leave it unconfigured.

Someone mentioned Only "Smart Array Controllers" are seen by the ACU; ACU turns blind to SATA controllers.
Which sounds like my situation.

How can I get around this?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Read this book,
h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00260539/c00260539.pdf

good luck there something in this document about SATA.

Daniel
Dave David
Occasional Advisor

I'm having exactly the same problem on my ML110 G5. No matter what I do in the BIOS/RBSU, I cannot get the easy set-up to detect the hard disc. I get the same error message.

I can't see anything in the document linked that is relevant to this.

I want to install SBS 2003 R2, but I don't get that far.

Any ideas before I forget the easy setup and install it manually...
Radioga
Occasional Visitor

I hope I'm doing the right thing writing in this old discussion. I recovered a old HP Proliant ML110 G5 server and I'm having the same issue. How can I resolve it? Furthermore the link posted above is not working anymore.

Parvez_Admin
Community Manager

Hi @Radioga ,

As this is a very old thread so would request you to start a new topic with the issue details in the following board so that you get a quick response:

Thanks,
Parvez_Admin
I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
CM_Cert_Logo_Color.png