1751972 Members
4700 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Proliant ML150 G3 and ILO add-in card

djwm

HP Proliant ML150 G3 and ILO add-in card

Hi

I have purchased an ILO add-in card but can't seem to find any appropriate documentation for setting it up. I was a little surprised that I did not get any in the box (was bought from HP Spares?)

Some PDFs I found for ILO2 mentioned pressing F8 during the boot, I was not prompted to do so however. I also have a feeling ILO2 is something else?

The card itself is in the slot, a network cable is plugged from the card to the switch and I get a link light, however the card does not appear to take an IP from the DHCP server.

My questions are, where can I found documentation specific to the card I have (part # is 410431-001) since everything I find seems to be for slightly different versions.

I only require remote power and console access, what software do I need for this?

I am going around in circles getting incredibly confused by the huge array of different hardware and software combinations on the HP site. Everything except what I have seems to be documented, please help!

Thank you!
4 REPLIES 4
Stylesy

Re: HP Proliant ML150 G3 and ILO add-in card

I ve got the same issue. Bought a ML110 G4 and got a lights out card. Can't figure out what to do next. Hopefully someone can answer this.
Gregg Jacobs_1

I feel your frustration... I too was unable to figure the mystery out. Sadly, the HP Support person was also unable to help configure the iLO card for my ML150 G3.

Here's what you need to do:

1. Install the card as prescribed by the 2nd grade illustration instructions.

2. During POST, hit F10 (or what ever it might be to get to your BIOS setup).

3. Goto Advanced>IPMI and scroll down to the DHCP IP Source and disable if you want to assign a static IP, or enable for DHCP assignment.

4. If static, goto IP Address and enter IP, then subnet, then gateway.

5. F10 to save your changes and exit BIOS.

You have now assigned the iLO card it's IP.

Configuring additional settings

1. Log in at the server console or RDP session and open a web browser and type the assigned IP into the address bar.

2. At the credentials prompt type the default user name and password (admin/admin).

3. Goto User Administration and add an entry for your preferred login name and password with the correct level of rights. (It's best to leave the default admin active until you are sure you have correctly configured the iLO security).

If you ever need to change the network settings again, you can accomlish this task via this web interface under "Network Settings".
Peter Karle
Frequent Advisor

Ouch...your servers are not supported by RiloII (see this list: http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/remotemgmt/supported-servers.html)
Peter Karle
Frequent Advisor