Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
ProLiant Servers - Netservers
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Proliant Microserver & Vsphere

eavanzi
Occasional Visitor

HP Proliant Microserver & Vsphere

Hi everyone,

I hope this is the right place to talk about my issue.

I'm trying to installa VMware Vsphere 6.0 on a Prolian microserver Gen 8 (Xeon Cpu) as Hypervisor operating system.

I downloaded the HP iso customized image and I use the intelligent provisioning wizard of HP via usb.

Name: VMware-ESXi-6.0.0-2494585-HP-600.9.3.30.2-Jun2015.iso
Release Date: 2015-07-15
Build Number: 2494585-600.9.3.30.2

I see the iso file but it seems that it's not recognized as valid image because there is no way to proceed with the installation. I guess double click has to be done but does not work.

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: HP Proliant Microserver & Vsphere

You need to burn the ISO to media or use the Virtual Media function of iLO to mount the ISO image, just copying the ISO to a USB stick will not work

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
eavanzi
Occasional Visitor

Re: HP Proliant Microserver & Vsphere

Hi Jimmy, finally I burned the iso as bootable but there was no way to proceed through intelligent provisioning.

Then I did the boot from the usb directly.

Thanks