ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753454 Members
6521 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

HP Proliant dl380p gen8 System health LED blinking red - nothing in ADU Report, please help!

azharborn2rule

HP Proliant dl380p gen8 System health LED blinking red - nothing in ADU Report, please help!

Hello All,

Could anyone help me as I'm getting System health LED blinking red on HP Proliant dl380p gen8, as per ADU report there is nothing I'll be able to figure out what actually went wrong, attaching ADU report for your all, please help.

ADU Report:    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iSr1ng6nKzzKuuAtVDTLRI6fdbazwv-S/view?usp=sharing

2 REPLIES 2
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: HP Proliant dl380p gen8 System health LED blinking red - nothing in ADU Report, please help!

Hello,

Please find the below observation and recommendation to isolate and fix this issue.

Observations. 

1. SA P420i Firmware is running very older firmware version 5.42, needs to update with the latest.
  2. Observed the below error message from the ADU report.

Consolidated Error Report:

Controller: Smart Array P420i in Embedded Slot

Recommendations:

1. Follow the below customer advisory

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c05302924

1. Check/update the server bios and ILO firmware with the latest.
  2. Update the SA firmware as per the below sequence. ( Do not update the latest firmware directly)

5.42----->6---->6.68----->7.5------>8.32

1. Let me know with the latest ADU report as well as the IML error if the issue still persists.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

PDP-Fan
Valued Contributor

Re: HP Proliant dl380p gen8 System health LED blinking red - nothing in ADU Report, please help!

Can be many things:

- Check hard drives, maybe one failed
- Check RAID cache battery. If that fails you get red blinking but no error entry in the log (Smart Storage Manager -> Controller properties)
- Check CMOS battery on mainboard
- Check IML log via iLO, this is a more understandable format for most errors.

"If it seems illogical... you just don't have enough information"