ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1752677 Members
5428 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Proliant server cleaning procedures

Stuart Renes

HP Proliant server cleaning procedures

There don't seem to be any documented cleaning procedures for HP server products. Some of these devices end up in locations that are subject to environmental pollutants (dust, smoke) and would certainly benefit from periodic cleaning. None of the product, service or maintenance guides I've looked at make any reference to supported cleaning methods.

Has anyone seen anything?

(Please don't respond with comments on your personal cleaning tips. I have plenty of those already. What I need is some information from HP themselves on how to perform cleaning on their equipment in a way that won't void their warranty.)

Thanks in advance!

Stuart.
2 REPLIES 2
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Documentation availability based on the needs and complexity of procedures, which is not that difficult for Servers; there is dozens of docs with procedures for: Tape Drives, Printers, Plotters, Fabric and other open surface devises. You can see general info for Server room

http://h18002.www1.hp.com/alphaserver/docs/siteprep/WebHelp/computer_room_cleaning_procedures.htm?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

Stuart Renes

Thanks for the reply. The document you referenced doesn't address internal cleaning of server equipment that's NOT located in a server room environment.