1752761 Members
4944 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Server tc2110

Jacob Crabb

HP Server tc2110

I have a HP Server TC 2110. The server was working great. I decided to remove the SCSI controller and use IDE drives.

Now I get an error just after POST that the system has halted and will shutdown because a system fan is missing or damaged.

I have verified my connections, verified the fans are working correctly and there is not a speck of dust in this system. I also have reconnected the SCSI controller just for kicks and I still get the error.

I have also reset the BIOS to see if that would remove the error which it did not. The error will also not allow me to enter the bios so that I may find a way to disable this message.

Does anyone have a suggestions on how to circumvent this error and is this something I can disable once I am able to get to the bios. I realize this server is a bit older but it has been great and never caused any issues until now. I would hate to have to get rid of it.

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
Joel Matz

Re: HP Server tc2110

I have this same problem on both of my TC2110s after replacing power supplies. All fans are working correctly.

I replaced the power supply on server A and received this message. I then removed the PS from server B and placed it in server A, assuming that it was a sensor issue. No luck, still erroneously halts.

Upon returning the original working PS to server B server B now fails with the same message. Help! Any updates?
Jacob Crabb

Re: HP Server tc2110

Wow has really been nearly 2 years. I was never able to get the server going again. It is still 4 feet from me under my bench. Hopefully this new activity will cause someone to come along and provide a solution.