Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
ProLiant Servers - Netservers
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Storage Server Management

Dr. Karl-Christian Rauc
Occasional Contributor

HP Storage Server Management

Hi experts,

is it possible to delete the entry "HP Storage Server Management" under Start\Startup\??

I had disabled the entry under "Startup" within System Configuration Utility and stopped additionally the service "HP Storage Server Management switching it from automatic to manual.

After restarting the system, i got the message that the system had to be started in diagnostic or selective startup mode due to changes within system configuration utility.

The entry under Start\Programs\Startup has been disappeared also.

What if I do not disable the entry under startup of System Configuration Utility and I would delete directly the entry under Start\Programs\Startup? Will be deleted then also the entry under startup of System Configuration Utility also?

Am I able to revert this step by making a new shortcut for this application to remove back to the step as before in future?

Is the application evident for the use of the storage server, or is it only a very good help tool for administration?

Why all these!
Storage Server Management application posses incidentically the two ports (3201/3202) which should be used by SAP Development Subscription.

Or is their any other way to workaround these diffs?

Best regards
Christian
1 REPLY
BColeman
Occasional Visitor

Re: HP Storage Server Management

I work for a large electric utility that wishes to disable any unused applications. The binary hpssmgmt.exe on one particular server has port 4484 opened. Can this service be disabled or is it necessary for administration? If necessary, we REALLY need official HP documentation identifying the port or port range the application has been known to utilize.