ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1752866 Members
3514 Online
108791 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP System Managment Hompage lost password

CA1300890

HP System Managment Hompage lost password

Hi I have A HP DL380 with HP System Managment installed we have recently had disk go bad in the server, and to investigate further I need to acces the Managment hompage but I do not have the password for this box and the person / people who installed setup this server initally have left the business I can not rebuild the box as it is a live server. I am able to logon to the box locally as a domian admin

any help on retreving reseting the password would be most appreciated.+
3 REPLIES 3
Ole Thomsen
Frequent Advisor

Re: HP System Managment Hompage lost password

Local administrator or domain\administrator should be able to log in.

Ole Thomsen
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

In the case of the older HP SMH (System Management Homepage) it was necessary to assign a password. By default the older SMH didn't use the local Administrators group for access.

Have a look at the following link for pointers on re-assigning your own security:
http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=50276
RaMpaNTe
Trusted Contributor

Hi, SMHP uses only Administrator Password, this means that SMHP will use the NT logon password, if you can't log in to it is because either you are not logged as administrator or that you don't have administrator rights.

What you can do is reinstall the PSP so that you'll have access to the SMHP again.

BTY there's a ne version of the PSP and it can be downloaded from the following page
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/index.html just select the server, generation, os and that's it. then look for Software Support Pack, make sure that you configure the SMHP before you hit the install buton. If you need help with this just lem me know.

Best Regards
RaMpaNTe
You heve a question... I have an aswer!!!