SOLVED
Go to solution
Omni-Kevin
Occasional Advisor

HP proliant Microserver driver

Good day HP support

Model: HP proliant Microserver 

Processor: AMD Turion II Neo N54L

I have recently installed a UPS unit for one of my branches and connected it to our server with a printer cable, yet it requires the installation of a USB-Serial controller driver in order to connect the UPS software to the UPS.

I have exhausted all legitamite means to try and find this driver. 

I would appreciate it if someone can help me out with a link to the page where I will be able to download the driver.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards.

6 REPLIES 6
DANDKS
HPE Pro

Re: HP proliant Microserver driver

Could you please share the UPS model so that we can check from a UPS perspective. Usually the UPS Drivers will be made available with the UPS or by the UPS vendor or on their website. They would given the instructions on how to connect the UPS, what cable to be used (most UPSes will be shipped with the cable to connect to a server or computer), need to use the same cable for UPS communication with the server.

All the Drivers required for a server are included in the Service Pack for ProLiant image which can be downloaded from HPE Support page. Any Drivers required for a Non HPE product must be downloaded from the vendor site.

Thank you

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
Omni-Kevin
Occasional Advisor

Thank you Dan DKS for your speedy response.

Vendor : PSS

Model: M3C

(Please note that vendor website not secure)

Vendor website: http://pss.co.za/

Product page: http://pss.co.za/product/m-series

I cant seem to find the drivers with the installation disk or on their website and I did connect it using one of the cables(Printer cable - USB to USB) it came with.(Driver missing is a USB driver and not a driver related to the UPS product as I understand it).

I also looked at SP for proliant option but it requires an active warranty or support agreement(Which I dont have).

Any further assitance will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards.

DANDKS
HPE Pro

If you have connected the UPS to the USB port of the server, verify the Device Manager to confirm if the UPS is detected without an ! this confirms the USB driver is fine.

If the Driver is not updated, you will require the SPP to update all the Drivers for the server. At least the server BIOS needs to be updated & that requires Entitlement for downloading.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/km/product/6525483/HPE-ProLiant-MicroServer-G7-Server?ismnp=0&l5oid=4248009#t=DriversandSoftware&sort=relevancy&layout=table&numberOfResults=25&f:@kmswtargetproductbaseenvironmentlatest=[6525483_Microsoft]&f:@kmswtargetproductenvironmentlatest=[6525483_Microsoft%20Windows%20Server%202008%20R2]&hpe=1

You may find all the Drivers & Firmware versions for the specified server model from the above link

http://pss.co.za/product/m-series

The product link mentions about "intelligent monitoring software", Was this part of the UPS package?

This is required to manage the server for Graceful shutdown. This application will be provided by the UPS vendor.

Thank you

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
Omni-Kevin
Occasional Advisor

Thank you DAN DKS

I tried all relevant drivers except for the BIOS and Firmware update listed on the link you posted(but for Windows server 2008) and still no sucess. I will have to get the entitlement and try the BIOS update, will give feedback as soon as I tried this out.

Yes the intelligent monitoring software came with the UPS package and its this software(UPSilon) that requires the USB connection to communicate with the UPS.

Much appreciated.

DANDKS
HPE Pro

Please update the status of the Device Manager when the UPS is connected to the USB port of the server. Is it installed properly or does it have any ! (exclamation)

If it is installed properly, then the USB driver is working fine & only the UPS software requires a driver to communicate with the UPS.

I would still suggest to contact the UPS vendor if the UPS is installed properly in the Device Manager.

Thank you

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
Omni-Kevin
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Hi 

Sorry for the late update, but installing a universal usb driver did the trick and now the software is connecting to the UPS.

Thank you for the assistance.

Kind regards.