ProLiant Servers - Netservers

HPE MicroServer gen10 - hardware monitoring / RAM issues

florindespa
Occasional Visitor

HPE MicroServer gen10 - hardware monitoring / RAM issues

Hello,

I have Windows 2012 R2 installed on a Microserver Gen10, which has started giving BSOD and I've noticed that I have in Eventlog 

WHEA-Logger - EvendID 22 - A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Component: Memory
Error Source: BOOT
Error Type: Multi-Bit ECC

Normally, I would go in iLO webpage and see that what is it about. As there is no iLO, how can I see what exactly is going on ? Most of HPE tools ( System Homepage, WBEM etc ) relay on info read from iLO. Even more, how do we monitor these servers in regards to hardware ?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
florindespa
Occasional Visitor

Re: HPE MicroServer gen10 - hardware monitoring / RAM issues

Any ideas ? :) 

philsson
Occasional Visitor

Unfortunatelly no. I am in the same situation so subscribing to this threan in case something comes upp. I am looking to monitor system health but I'm running ESXi on my Gen10 microserver.

florindespa
Occasional Visitor

I booted from HPE SPP and wanted to run some Diagnostics. It just hangs here statying that it can't read health or system state or something ( can't remember exactly what is the error )- that is because it tries to get them via iLO. So I'm just curios if there is anyone from HPE that can let us know how can we monitor our server , diagnose it etc.

I am sorry that I bought it ... should have looked for an older  gen8 with iLO .

philsson
Occasional Visitor

In the "HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 User Guide" page 63 it states as far as I understand that it should be possible to administer remotelly through SSA or through "Marvell Storage Utility" (which I cannot find anything about online).

There are tools to download for Linux and Windows to administer the SSA, see status etc which are refered to in this document and they are included as far as I can see in HPs custom build I am running for ESXi. Though, when I try to run the tools I get the following output.

[root@localhost:/opt/smartstorageadmin/ssacli/bin] ./ssacli ctrl all show status

Error: No controllers detected. Possible causes:
       	- The driver for the installed controller(s) is not loaded.
       	- On LINUX, the scsi_generic (sg) driver module is not loaded.
       	See the README file for more details. 

[root@localhost:/opt/smartstorageadmin/ssacli/bin] 

I do not know how to load (if it is possible) the scsi_generic driver. My guess is this is easier from Windows

Here are two maybe helpfull links

* RECOMMENDED * HPE ESXi Offline Bundle for VMware vSphere 6.5

Offline HPE Smart Storage Administrator (HPE SSA)