ProLiant Servers - Netservers

HPE ProLiant Gen8 ESXI 6.5 really slow data speed and using of the guest os

MrLeoSir
Visitor

HPE ProLiant Gen8 ESXI 6.5 really slow data speed and using of the guest os

Hi,

I got this server to run two VM's and hold all my hard drive space I need. since I got this server I've been trying to install VMware on it and run it like so, but the system is so slow on any guessed os you just can't use it.

when sending files to the server ISO etc data transfer is really slow under 4mb but from this computer to others on my network I'm getting 80mb+ 

any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: HPE ProLiant Gen8 ESXI 6.5 really slow data speed and using of the guest os

What Server?

HPE ProLiant Gen8 is a Server series...you need to be specific with regard to exact Server model and its Hardware/Software configuration.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
MrLeoSir
Visitor

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 

https://www.hpe.com/uk/en/product-catalog/servers/proliant-servers/pip.hpe-proliant-microserver-gen8.5379860.html

It's a Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3240 CPU @ 3.40GHz 8GB RAM and I've got 4 1TB drives in it's bay.

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Mmmm...VMware ESXi 6.5 on a non-Intel Xeon (E3/E5) CPU and you're worried about Slow I/O speed?

Was HPE ESXi 6.5 Custom ISO used? Is the HPE MicroServer Gen8 fully updated (SPP 2017.07.01)? how was done the ESXi 6.5 installation? what (and how) internal SATA/RAID Storage Controller manages installed four 1TB disks? are those disks HPE genuine?

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner