New Discussion

Re: HP ProLiant Micro Server Gen10 shuts itself down

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jacopo99
Occasional Contributor

HPE ProLiant Micro Server Gen10 shuts itself down

Good morning, everybody,
I need your help with a problem that I can't solve.
I have a Gen10 Microserver that is only an administration manager where only one program running is installed.
In practice, every now and then the server stops/restarts correctly only without my giving the command. I've noticed that it has some important peaks in the CPU that reaches even 100%. But I have not noticed any articular applications that justify this.
I have found that one way to solve the problem is to update the BIOS of the machine. Is this possible?

You can help me or give me feedback.

Thank you in advance

Jacopo Sandri

5 REPLIES 5
Jacopo99
Occasional Contributor

I add The error message on Server Manager: 

ID:41

Gravity: Critical

Origin: Microsoft-Windows-Kernet-Power

Log: system

ksram
HPE Pro

Hi,

Yes, you may update the BIOS which would have multiple fixes.

BIOS : https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_d15fc35361cd4b3d9970cac995#tab-history

Also refer the article for ID 41 : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/client-management/troubleshoot-event-id-41-restart

Check for overheating and Environmental factors as well. Thank you

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Jacopo99
Occasional Contributor

Good morning,

thank you so much for your answer.
I have two simple questions:
1. Is the installation of the firmware update to be done directly with the operating system running? Or do you load the file and then run it as if it were an application?
2. I didn't understand one thing, does the machine format itself when this update is done?

thank you

ksram
HPE Pro

Hi,

The BIOS update file is an .exe file. You can copy it on the Server and double click and run (if its Windows).

Also when updating the System BIOS from version ZA10A320 (or earlier) to version ZA10A330 (or later), the following system BIOS configuration settings will revert to their factory default values:

• System time and date
  • Hard drive configuration
  • Boot device sequence
  • System passwords
  • Security setup

Before performing the BIOS update, manually record the user customized values for these listed BIOS settings so they can be restored after completing the BIOS update.

Server needs to be restarted after the update to take effect.

Machine will not be formatted. But having a back up is always a best thing!

Thank you

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

ksram
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi,

Please confirm if this was helpful. If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!

Thank you

I work for HPE.

Accept or Kudo