ProLiant Servers - Netservers

How to check current firmware installed on sever machine

sachin waghmare
Occasional Contributor

How to check current firmware installed on sever machine

I want to check currntly installed firmware on HP proliant DL380g4 machine.I also want to know from where i can get latest update ??
4 REPLIES 4
Mark Matthews
Respected Contributor

Re: How to check current firmware installed on sever machine

Hi Sachin,

Easiest way is to download the latest Firmware Maintenance CD for that model from here...

Run the CD in your OS, or boot the server from it.
This will run the Smart Update Util which scans your hardware and gives you a list of FW versions already installed and what versions are on the CD that you can upgrade to.

Really easy.

Thanks
Mark...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white Kudos star to the left if this post is helpful :)
sachin waghmare
Occasional Contributor

Is this a only solution ??? any small size & less time consuming utility is there ??
Mark Matthews
Respected Contributor

Are you talking about only the BIOS of the server?

If so, then download this...

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=397634&prodNameId=3288132&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-3c502ebf3d484b88bcbbd135ac

Run that in Windows and reboot, this will update your BIOS to the latest for that model server.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white Kudos star to the left if this post is helpful :)
Sylvain Gelinas 2
Frequent Advisor

The firmware CD is the complete package and the easiest way, but if you want a specific hardware firmware update, download it from :

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=397634&prodNameId=3288132&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-9ec92499b7804ff09773e4ebbb

Try the online flash rom version, it will show you the current version and tell you if need to upgrade.