ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1752288 Members
4205 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to have the list configuration with just a serial number

zemotardzx6r

How to have the list configuration with just a serial number

Hi, is it possible to retrieve the hardware configuration with just a serial number ?
If yes, how ?

Regards.
4 REPLIES 4
Glenn Russell

I also need the answer to this.
....Hello....HP....Anyone Home????
This has now been out here for almost 2 months!!!
Louis Henninger
Frequent Advisor

Hi,
HP has different web sites you can enter a serial number and pull up service information, coverage etc. This will only show you what the server came installed with in basic terms (amount of memory, CPU's installed, power supplies etc). I don't think there is a site external to HP that will give you the information you are looking for. Compaq equipment (pre-merger and up to merger) gave customers more information as to configuration, but since the adoption of HP standards for serial numbers, less information is available. The Product number and serial number together can give HP (Services and Product Support) a very good idea of what is in the system at build time. If you can run SmartStart, on or off line, this will size up your system. There may be other programs available, I don't know...

Regards,

Louis
Louis Henninger
Frequent Advisor

Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

I'm not sure the question is clear, but you could export the information you're requesting from the SMH (System Management Homepage) typically installed through the PSP (ProLiant Support Pack), or from HP SIM (Systems Insight Manager). Both are free.