ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1752579 Members
4465 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How to install Centos 7.0 with RAID 1 on Proliant Microserver Gen8 with Bi20i

AnnaBlume
Occasional Visitor

Re: How to install Centos 7.0 with RAID 1 on Proliant Microserver Gen8 with Bi20i

Thank you for instant reply.

I was using the proper driver version (hpvsa-1.2.16-102.rhel7u3.x86_64.dd.gz). Do you have any idea on the error message I receive? Maybe it´s because of the decompressing-program I was using (7-zip)?

I was also trying with renamed .rpm file (renamed into .iso), didn´t work either.

Best regards

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

I can re-create the error you are seeing if I use 'modeprobe.blacklist=ahci inst.dd'.  If I use 'modeprobe.blacklist=ahci inst.dd=/dev/sda1' the hpvsa driver gets loaded and I can complete an installation.

I used the latest version of the hpvsa driver for RHEL 7.3
Unziped the dd.gz image
Renamed the image from .dd to .iso
Copy the .iso file to a USB key

I normally install via PXE boot and use a syntax similar to this  'modeprobe.blacklist=ahci inst.dd=http://directory/hpvsa-filename.iso

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Francyz
Occasional Visitor

Sorry for my English!
Faced with this problem. I downloaded the latest drivers from the official site. I copy them to a USB flash drive: 1st - renamed dd ISO. 2nd copied by the rules in Ubuntu as described in the instructions. But in both cases it is given the same error: no file in the folder repodata. Here's a screenshot: 

2a2ad68dc3b24c478c86b50dfe2831dc

I take this stick and open it in the ubuntu - where this folder is, here is a screenshot: 0817c7baed8b43faa70eee7cf1675bca

But why, then, when you install an error is that this folder does not exist?
how to solve this problem?

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

instead of just specifying inst.dd use inst.dd=/dev/sdX where X is the device name of the USB device. In my case it was /dev/sda

Or 'dd' the contents of the image to the drive  dd if=filename of=/dev/sdX again X ebing the device name of the USB drive key

Francyz
Occasional Visitor

As I wrote above: "I tried two ways." Changed to expand and copy on the rules of using the "dd" command. Error is issued in both cases.
Variant with an explicit inst.dd = / dev / sdX does not work. The system just skips this error, and continues to boot without a driver.

СentOS 7.2 works without problems. This problem only 7.3

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@Francyz wrote:

As I wrote above: "I tried two ways." Changed to expand and copy on the rules of using the "dd" command. Error is issued in both cases.
Variant with an explicit inst.dd = / dev / sdX does not work. The system just skips this error, and continues to boot without a driver.

СentOS 7.2 works without problems. This problem only 7.3

Are you using the correct driver image for 7.3?  I tested this with 7.3 last week, that is where I discovered if I used inst.dd without specifying a device I would get an error

MPASTORINI
Visitor

Dear Srs. i installed Centos 7.2 with driver hpdsa-1.2.10-114.rhel7u2.x86_64.dd 

drive it's recognized, but i have this error:

Warning: Can't get kickstart from /dev/sda1:/ks.cfg

can you help me

thanks

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Refer to the Anaconda boot options documentation.

inst.ks

Give the location of a kickstart file to be used to automate the install. Locations may be specified using any of the formats allowed for inst.repo.

inst.repo information is here

https://rhinstaller.github.io/anaconda/boot-options.html#inst-repo

MPASTORINI
Visitor

In the ISO is not that file.

:(

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@MPASTORINI wrote:

In the ISO is not that file.

:(

What ISO? a kickstart file is just a text file you need to coppy to some type of media, or make it available over the network