ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753510 Members
5140 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How to reinstall Arcserve backup software on Proliant ML370 Server

CA1233148

How to reinstall Arcserve backup software on Proliant ML370 Server

How can I reinstall Arcserve backup software on a newly formatted server that is not using the Compaq server manager software that came with the server originally?

Recently I upgraded a Proliant ML370 Server from NT 4.0 to W2003 at a remote office. During the migration I reformatted the hard drives. After the migration I located the original Compaq software CDs. I did not however reinstall the Compaq server management software. I did not want to undo all the work I had accomplished. The problem however is I could not reinstall Arcserve without the Compaq server management tool. It seems to me that while this software may be useful I should be able to circumvent it and install the backup software without it. I promised to get back with this remote office ASAP. Is there a way I can install this software? The CDs that came with the system seem to only provide documentation and I am repeatedly directed to Compaq's server tools which as I said are not installed. How can I just install the backup software? Should I consider asking the office to purchase a new backup software tool such as Veritas Backup Exec which the majority of our offices use?
1 REPLY 1
josemaria cr
Regular Advisor

Re: How to reinstall Arcserve backup software on Proliant ML370 Server

You can copy that CD on the server and install from the HD.

jmc