1752753 Members
4786 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Hp proliant DL140

david rr

Hp proliant DL140

Hi,
I have a red light in led status but the server seems to work properly. What could be the problem??
5 REPLIES 5
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

Re: Hp proliant DL140

View the IML (Integrated Management Log) for specifics.
CA803470
Occasional Advisor

I have the same issue. The DL140 manual indicates:

- At least one fan failure
- At least one processor failure
- At least one of the tempurature sensors reached a critical temperature
- At least one processor VRM failure
- At least one memory module exceeds the max single bit error rate.

How can I check which one it is? I can rule out options 1 & 3, and I'm sure it's not a processor failure (the unit seems to be working fine), but how can I be sure? Is there a utility we can use? Please provide a link if there is. I don't know what "Integrated Management Log" refers to so any help there would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

Jason, if you don't have the System Management Homepage installed (where the Integrated Management Log can most easily be viewed), boot from the SmartStart CD and run Insight Diagnostics. There is a link to view the IML in Insight Diagnostics, and if the IML is no help, you can run perform a full test from Insight Diagnostics.
CA1370028

Please disregard the above comments because they don't work in the 100 series, please download the 100 series offline diagnostics.

Dl140 G1
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/19709.html

Dl140 G2
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/23182.html
CA803470
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the link. It seemed to narrow the search down, but didn't give me any real answers. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to access the IML from the Inisight Diagnostics software (it read "unavailable"). How do I view those logs? You're help so far has been great. Thanks!