ProLiant Servers - Netservers

ILO Problems with IE7 and 8

Ian of Adelaide
Occasional Advisor

ILO Problems with IE7 and 8

We have quite a number of HP DL360 and DL380 Servers, and are having problems with remote Consoles under ILO hanging up with grey/black screen. I have updated all firmware on all 30 servers to 1.78, and this helped some but not all. I see that a few people were having this issue earlier with the IE8 beta, but this is Production environment IE7 and IE8 with all updates. The remote console will just hang, freezing all tabs and forcing the restart of all IE7 or 8 windows, then because the Remote Console is in use, the ILO has to be reset to clear teh session. Anybody with any clues?
2 REPLIES 2
Prem Selvam Arumugam
Trusted Contributor

Re: ILO Problems with IE7 and 8

Ian of Adelaide
Occasional Advisor

Re: ILO Problems with IE7 and 8

Thanks Prem, but that really is of no use. We expect, considering that we pay for each ILO License, that HP provides a product that works with the mainstream browser on our operating system. We have had IE7 for over 2 years and IE8 for over 5 months. I understand that ILO may not have worked with Beta or RC versions of IE8, but to still have problems with the production version after all this time is unacceptable. It would be different if ILO were not pressed so hard on us as a must-have product, and if the licenses were free. We have old UPS control boards and Server Room monitors several years old which work fine. Why not "State-of-the-art" ILO.