ILO SSL error

CA1316327

ILO SSL error

I have a Proliant DL360 G2 (running Linux and currently unbootable) in a remote hosting centre and am trying to gain access to its ILO. The ILO has never been used or configured (except to have an IP address set via the boot-time setup utility), and when I connect to it via HTTPS I get an SSL error. The error in Firefox says "The connection has terminated unexpectedly. Some data may have been transferred." This error occurs consistently over a range of browsers (including IE) and network locations (both with and without proxies). It seems to me like it may be a problem with the ILO's SSL certificate.

The staff at the hosting centre say the options available via the setup utility are minimal, so there's no way to import a new certificate or anything. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can ask the hosting staff to do to resolve this problem, or at least find out what might be causing it?

Thanks.
1 REPLY 1
CA1316327

Re: ILO SSL error

Never mind :)

We got the hosting staff to reset the ILO to defaults, then reconfigure the networking, and this fixed the problem.