ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1752808 Members
5625 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Installing Windows 2003 on HP Proliant ML110

Simone Rossi

Installing Windows 2003 on HP Proliant ML110

Trying to install Windows server 2003 (Standard Edition) on Proliant ML110 G2 with 1 HD SATA in RAID 0. I get up to a point where the Windows CD stops just before the license agreement, and get a blue screen saying - Setup is starting windows.
The server has't got a floppy, only CD/USB. Any idea???
3 REPLIES 3
Bernard Deren

I was able to get away with USB floppy drive from my SONY VAIO laptop to install 3rd party drivers.
Benoit Sarton
Occasional Advisor

Unable to install with an iomega usb floppy drive. HP says an HP USB floppy drive would do it... Did you do any special setting in the bios regarding the USB floppy drive emulation ? Any comment on USB floppy drive compatibility appreciated.
Stephen Gultig
Advisor

Refer to a similar posting on this page for more, but it seems that the problem lies with the fact that Windows 2000 and 2003 do not support USB in text mode (during start-up)so when Windows starts it cannot see the external FDD. I have also tried plugging the USB stiffy into the USB on the motherboard, no luck.

I have thought of trying to load the required drivers (for RAID and USB)onto the Windows CD by copying the CD and adding the drivers myself but need some help on this. If someone has tried this before and has been successful, please let me know.