Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Windows Server 2011 on mirrored disks in N40L

Apodida
Occasional Contributor

Installing Windows Server 2011 on mirrored disks in N40L

Maiden POST:

Happy (and prosperous) New Year to you!

I've just received my Proliant N40L, and I plan to mirror the boot drive before starting the OS install. Will I need the RAID driver on a "diskette" in order to install Windows Server 2011? 

The documentation talks about creating a diskette, but before that I'll have to create a diskette drive!

I'm working my way through the documentation, but it wasn't written for people with old-age dementia symptoms... so I decided to ask here, in the hope that someone else has tried this recently, and can give me a reasonably simple answer. 

I think I just panicked when I saw the word "diskette". Presumably if I need to install the  RAID drivers during the OS install phase, then they'd have to come from a USB memory stick, as that seems the natural replacement for diskettes (I have a bunch of those, covered in about 20 years worth of dust...)

1 REPLY

Re: Installing Windows Server 2011 on mirrored disks in N40L

Try the guided troubleshooting available on MicroServer at the following URL for further assistance:

http://h20584.www2.hp.com/hpgt/guides/select?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=4248009

Click options Software Setup > Enable and Configure SATA RAID

The first page details enabling RAID and configuring logical drives. Scroll to the end of the page and click button “Next” which details driver installation during installing operating system.

Regards,

Vijayasarathy 

I work for HP
To say thanks click the white "thumbs up" icon below!!!