ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753500 Members
4360 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Just formated an LD Pro, now what??

CA888513

Just formated an LD Pro, now what??

I have just been hired by my company less than two months ago and all of my computer knowlege has been received through OJT. Currently, I taken an old LD Pro out of storage to reformat so it could be used for a short period of time with Windows 2000 Server as the OS. I used "HP NetRAID Express Tools" to format the server, but now I can't figure out how to partition the harddrive or how to install Windows 2000 Server.

Please HELP!!
2 REPLIES 2
CA845876
Valued Contributor

Re: Just formated an LD Pro, now what??

I'm not sure about the LD Pro, but if it you can get into setup during post, and set it to boot from CD, you can boot directlty to the w2k CD, and it will set up from there. w2k itself will make its own partition.

You will probably have to make a NOS drivers diskette from your Navigator CD to use during the install when asked for special drivers, such as your NetRAID.
CA847690
Advisor

Re: Just formated an LD Pro, now what??

I installed Win2K Advanced Server on an LD pro using the onboard SCSI controller. I booted from the CD and ran the install. The only problem I had was with the on-board video. The on-board video is a Trident 9000I and there are no drivers for that in Win2K. You can install a PCI video card, the best one I found was an S3, but I have heard that Matrox might work better. Win2K will let you format the disk partitions during the install. I have also seen that the raid card can be used, but I have no experience with that as yet.
Good luck,
John