ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1752353 Members
5558 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: LC 2000 server help

matt_325

LC 2000 server help

I just got a LC2000 server and I'm tring to set it up for fun but I'm have a small problem. I cant get my hot swaps to show up under my computer. When I reboot the lights in the hot swap drive flicker but they stay green. I am running server 2000 raid card number is p3410.my scsi drves are ultra3
Thank you for any help
4 REPLIES 4
malvin drakley
Esteemed Contributor

matt_325

Thank you for the guide I been looking for that so that was a big help.
I did fix my problem the 1st thing I did was updated the firmware and updated the raid driver to the latest then went into the device manager and under disk drives my card showed up. Now I checked my computer and still nothing showed up then it dawned on me I needed to format the drive under disk management after I did that my drives showed up. But I have a new problem I have 3 18.2 ultra3 SCSI drives and only 33.3 GB show up. I'm just glad the hard part is fixed :)
Thank you for the link to the manual
matt_325

Oh ya I for got at the start up I pressed CTRL-m and went into the raid utility and toggled the drives to online.
Alicia White
Esteemed Contributor

About the entire space of the 3 drives not showing: you've probably set up the array as a RAID5.

In a RAID 5 array, the amount of space equivalent to 1 hard drive in the array will always be lost to parity (the information the RAID controller needs to have to rebuild the array should a drive fail). This "parity" information is striped across all the drives in the RAID 5 array, but is always equal to the size of one drive in the set, hence the apparent loss of space.

Alicia