1753797 Members
7181 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

LC2000 not responding

Frankl
Occasional Advisor

LC2000 not responding

Switching on my LC2000 with the HP netraid card and 3x9 Gb SCSI 10k rpm HDD (raid 5) I have got no image on screen, total black. Suspected monitor, swapped monitor, same result.
I have no beeps at all when booting, no lights on keyboard flashing during boot. Took out memory and got the system beeps indicatin RAM failure. Could this be the on board video, if so why would there not be beeps. I reset the CMOS with the switch, no change. I tried to restore the bios, bootblock recovery i believe is the name, (set the switch to emergency recovery) but noticed the FDD also does no longer seem to function. Oh yeah the startrek like lights on the raid card are red, but I don ┬┤t remember if they normally were green or red? Any suggestions
2 REPLIES 2
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

Re: LC2000 not responding

Hi Frankl,

Sounds like you may have a problem with your front panel controller. With the server powered on, try disconnecting the ribbon cable coming from the front panel from the system board. If the server starts POST'ing, then the reset switch is likely fried. If you need to replace it, the Part Number is D8520-63011.

Let us know if this is helpful,

Sean T. Craig Sr. C.E.T., M.C.P.

I am King...of my apartment.
Frankl
Occasional Advisor

Re: LC2000 not responding

unfortunatly disconnecting frontpanel did not resolve the issue. Also strange that the FDD light does NOT come on during "boot". I will have to buy (find)a PCI vid card, if that does not resolve the issue I suspect the MB, and it will be byebye sweet machine, cause HP repairs do not come cheap, unless off course you have an other idea?