ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1751932 Members
4826 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: LH 3 2 Drive Cage

CA1250524

LH 3 2 Drive Cage

I have an LH 3 with the 2nd drive cage installed, the 2nd power supply and fans all hooked up. I boot to the Navigator CD. It sees all 6 drives in the Primary bay, but it wont see the 2 drives that are in the 2nd cage. It does see them as individual drives on the boot screen. How do I get them to be able to be put into the array.
2 REPLIES 2
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Hi Will,

check the setup (press F2 at startup) of the server and verify the SCSI/Netraid controller config setting for the second channel where the second disk cage is normally connected to.

Is it setup as normal SCSI or as Netraid enabled ? should be set to Netraid enabled here.
Since you can see all disks,I suspect you just see the SymBIOS banner at startup with all disks connected to it and their SCSI ID which means it configured to work as a normal SCSI controller and not raid enabled yet.

HTH

Kris
amhakassa
Honored Contributor

Hi Will,

Boot the server in to F2 (BIOS Setup) and enable SCSI B . The reason why you don't see it is because the default setting the BIOS is SCSI A is set to YES but SCSI B is set to NO. Therefore, if you change the SCSI B setting to YES you should be able to see the drives on the secondary cage

Regards
Amha Kassa