108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: LH PRO - boot from CD

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jozef van Leeuwen
Occasional Contributor

LH PRO - boot from CD

I need to reinstall Win NT, but can't get the system to boot from the floppy. I assigned the LUN number of the CD drive in the EISA configuration (just installed latest BIOS and ECU version). Any ideas?
Is it possible to install NT on the RAID without having a configuration assistant CD? Can I load an 'additional driver' from the winnt4 utilities CD? I have a SCSI drive outside the hotplug disk cabinet, on the same cable as the CD-ROM.
3 REPLIES 3
Brian Wildman
Advisor

Clear CMOS, boot to the ecu floppy save and exit from view and edit details, and do the three floppy install of NT skipping mass storage detection choosing the Netraid drivers from an HP drivers disk.
Jozef van Leeuwen
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Brian,
Where do I clear the CMOS?
Also, I haven't got any install floppies, only a CD. Does your answer imply that I can't boot from the CD?
Side question - technical support told that IDE drives are not supported in this model. However, there is an IDE controller with a cable, and also the ECU allows to select IDE drive. So how do I read that?
CA660377
Honored Contributor
Solution

IDE is not supported on this server. It's probably costs more to produce boards without IDE controllers. It's easier to say they are not supported. To clear the cmos on this server, look at this link:

http://netserver.hp.com/support/parts_service/system_board/sys_board_tpl.asp?pid=LHPro

With the server in the off position. place switch 4 in the off position. Boot the server. At the end of post, power off the server. flip the switch back. You will need to boot to the ECU and do a save and exit. You can find the latest files (BIOS, ECU, drivers...etc.) from here:

http://h20004.www2.hp.com/keeper_rnotes/bsdmatrix/matrix50454.html

You can only install NT using the 3 floppy method. Place the CD in a windows based system, open a dos prompt and enter the following:

:\i386\winnt /ox

where = the letter of the CD-ROM drive. Don't forget during the NT install to Press the "s" key to skip mass storage detection, then "S" again to specify the drivers for the SCSI controllers, Netrqaid controllers and IDE drivers.