ProLiant Servers - Netservers

LH3000r NIC teaming on Windows 2003

SINGCHUNG
Occasional Advisor

LH3000r NIC teaming on Windows 2003

My NetServer LH3000r has 2 NICs - HP NetServer 10/100TX PCI LAN Adapter. Is it possible to team them in Windows 2003? 5 years ago HP technical asked me to download a software to team up the NICs but that was when the server was runninig Windows 2000. I made a search in the Net, unluckily I can't find anywhere to download this utility. Help is very much appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

Re: LH3000r NIC teaming on Windows 2003

Hi Sing,

You can download the latest driver and proset utility from the Intel website. Here's the link:
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProductID=62&DwnldID=4275&strOSs=84&OSFullName=Windows%20Server*%202003〈=eng

Give it a try and let us know how it works out for you.

Sean T. Craig Sr. C.E.T., M.C.P.

P.S. Please encourage participation in the forums by assigning points rating the value of your responses.
I am King...of my apartment.
SINGCHUNG
Occasional Advisor

The NICs are HP NetServer 10/100TX PCI LAN. Are they the same as Intel Pro 10/100 NIC? I have Intel Proset installed on 2 other servers (not the latest version because I never was able to make the latest version of Proset work on my servers - after installation, no interface for me to configure). Just now I went and installed the latest version of Proset again, and again no interface (e.g, Proset icon, tabs) for configuration. I uninstalled it, the server blue-screened. I have another LH6000r with also have 2 build-in HP 10/100TX NICs and I have ProSet installed. The Proset is only able to team the Intel dualport Gigabit card which I later installed, and not able to team the HP NICs. Is Proset able to team the HP NICs in reality?
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

Hi Sing,

Yes, the HP NICs use the Intel Pro 100 chipset and the Proset Utility is the one you're looking for. It's unfortunate that Intel changed the utility. You can still get the old HP version from this link:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12883&prodSeriesId=51734&swItem=ns-12226-1&prodNameId=51736&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=13&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=0

Give it a try and let us know how it goes,

Sean T. Craig Sr. C.E.T., M.C.P.

I am King...of my apartment.
SINGCHUNG
Occasional Advisor

I went to install older version of Proset, that works.