ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753276 Members
4914 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

LS Netserver "Int 13H drive not found" error . . .

CA791542

LS Netserver "Int 13H drive not found" error . . .

This server has a 1GB drive and 4 18 GB drives. It appears as though only the 1GB drive it bootable, it this true?
sdf
3 REPLIES 3
CA467151
Valued Contributor

Re: LS Netserver "Int 13H drive not found" error . . .

Are these SCSI hard drives?
What controller are the drives connected to?
If you could include a little more detail (what is the goal?), this would really help. Thanks!
It just doesn't get any better then this
CA791542

Thanks for responding! OK, I have 4 18 GB SCSI drives and 1 1 GB SCSI drive. I'm trying to install WIN2K Server on any one of the 18 GB drives with no success. After sucessfully installing the OS, the OS won't boot from the 18 GB drive, in any slot. If I remove the 1 GB drive, I get the error "int 13h device not found". This tells me that the server needs that 1 GB drive because it's "special" somehow. I've tried changing the bootable slot ID. I CAN install Win2K server on the 1 GB drive OK, but it leaves no room for a swap file or updates or patches. My next attempt will be to install Win98 and partition magic and create 2 bootable OS's.
sdf
meloni
Honored Contributor

hi
"LS" is a very old product, not sure he can manage 18 gb hdd, also if you use the integrated scsi controller, it will support only SE scsi hdd.
so in order to manage the 18.gb hdd, check if they have a jumper setted for SE and not LVD
bye

marino
---------------X-------------------X--------------------X----------------X--------------
If everything is under control, you are going too slow (Mario Andretti)