1752815 Members
6138 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Lights-Out 100c how to RE-Enable admin user

Tyn Ong

Lights-Out 100c how to RE-Enable admin user

Hi,
I accidently disable admin user while creating a new user. Now looks like I shot my own foot, can't login as the new user nor as admin. My system is ML115 G5 with Lights-Out 100c. Tried upgrading the bios to the latest one, didn't work. Tried opening the password jumper on the system motherboard, didn't work. I'm very new to sys admin, any advise would be much appreciated. Oh I have access to physical system. I wish HP would have put a password reset jumper on ILO card :-(

Many thanks
Tyn
4 REPLIES 4
Ross McCracken

When you switch the system on you should be able to enter the ilo configuration on post and change the users iether add or edit you can also disable the ilo security on a dip switch it normaly tells you witch one on the lid
RaMpaNTe
Trusted Contributor

Do you have the standar IPMI that comes with the srver or do you have the 100c (The optional card)

There is no security override switch in the 100 series as in the other models so the above answer might not work for you.

The system board has a system configuration (CMOS) button (SW2). To clear system configuration,
remove AC power cord and press the CMOS button for seconds.
This button is near the 6 SATA ports in the systemboard. Try this, then remove the system board battery for a few minutes, put the battery back in and power on.
You heve a question... I have an aswer!!!
Tyn Ong

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. The card is optional 100c card.

Tried the cmos clear button and taking out the battery. It only clears the cmos settings(including ipmi ip address settings). Not the authentication stuffs.

I still have "Operator" login though. But can't access Vkvm and network setting stuffs so only useful for power up/down.

Took out the ILO card to see if anything on it but no jumper or any possible useful thing to reset...grrr

Thanks anyway guys. I think I'm screwed.

Cheers,
Tyn
mc se

Hi,

I have the same problem, although I did create a new user account and enable that before disabling the other account. However the new account doesnt seem to work either.. I read something afterwards about case sensitive problem when creating accounts..??!! I also had the card swapped for another but it seems that settings are retained somewhere.. I have tried clearing CMOS etc, changing firmware.. I also tried the HPoncfg method but got sm2user.dll error... I even tried booting into Winpe and trying that way but still same prob..! surely there must be another way..?!! If you have local access to the server is there another way via putty/telnet ..?