1753266 Members
5019 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

MIcroserver Gen10 Plus won't recognize drive

chrisGNV
Occasional Contributor

MIcroserver Gen10 Plus won't recognize drive

If I'm not in the right place, please redirect me.

I'm setting up a Microserver Gen10 Plus as a home server, running Windows Server Standard 2019. The OS is on a Samsung EVO 970 SSD mounted in a RIITOP M.2 to PCIe adapter. Install of the OS was uneventful.

I then added 3 WD Red drives in slots 1, 2 and 3. I use Stablebit Drivepool to create pooled drives. It recognized the drives immediately and recreated the pools. That was uneventful, too. That left drive slot 0 open.

In slot 0 I installed an Icydock RAID enclosure housing 2 160GB SSDs in RAID1 format. It's the size of a 3.5" drive. That enclosure worked perfectly well in a Gen8 server where it was seen as a single drive. The same drive works perfectly well when connected to anotehr computer with a USB-to-SATA cable.

Unfortunately, the Gen10 Plus server doesn't recognize it. Is there a limit on the number of drives this server will see? Does the presence of the M.2 drive as a 4th drive prevent this other drive from mounting?

Thanks in advance for helpful suggesitons.

1 REPLY 1
ksram
HPE Pro

Re: MIcroserver Gen10 Plus won't recognize drive

Hi,

Thank you for the Post.

Looks like it may work but would suggest you to use HPE certified Drives and also use inbuilt Management utilities to configure.

Do share the Model Number / Product number to check further.

Thank you

RamKS

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo