1752794 Members
6050 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML 350 OEM SBS 2003 STD

Andyman
Occasional Contributor

ML 350 OEM SBS 2003 STD

The server deliverd with 3 disk in a raid. I broke that raid and created an mirror with 2 disk. And added 2 disk, so I could make an 3 disk raid 5.

After that I have reinstalled my server with the right disk config.

--

Then I run Microsoft Windows Small Business Server Setu, I get this error

this computer cannot be upgraded to the OEM version of Windows Small business Server

How do I solve this?

5 REPLIES 5
DOCpcman

Did you run the SmartStart CD to erase the system and start from scratch?
This will allow you to access the Array Configuration Utility during SmartStart configuration and rebuild the disks the way you need them.
Andyman
Occasional Contributor

Yes I did, but this isn├В┬┤t the problem. I get an error right with the end of the setup of Contiune Setup, this run Microsoft Windows Small Business Server Setup Wizard. There I get this error.
Frank Ploegmakers

Well, I have a nearly similar problem....

Fresh, new server, install OS and have way it stops.... restarting, and trying to continuing the install gives me the same error "This computer cannot be upgraded to the OEM version of Windopws Small Business Server"
I did try install with the SMART START CD, and did try without, so a clean just the OS install.....
It is not possible to get this server running.....
Andyman
Occasional Contributor

Hi

I solve it by calling MS for help

I├В┬┤ve change the letter on the CD to E: and after that the installation didn├В┬┤t put in all info into the regestry. So that we did was to put in hkey_local_machine + software + microsoft + smallbusinessServer isrunfromweb = 1 insted of 0

After that the setup worked.

Best Regards

Andreas
Excellent System AB
Frank Ploegmakers

First of all; great that you take the effort to wright an answer !

I did found the same register change (on the internet) strange; this key is not present in my register (???)

Did you change the drive letter after the OS is installed? And how did you go on with the setup of the Small Business W2003 standard. This on gives my the problem as discribed.....