5831 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML 530G2, not complete POST

SOLVED
Go to solution
CA1345194

ML 530G2, not complete POST

plz, we have ml530G2 when we start it, there is no signal reach to monitor because the monitor led was amber,but the 2 power supply led,internal, external health lead, fans was green. but memory board led and CD-drive led was green blinking
5 REPLIES 5
BR759636
Valued Contributor

Just to be sure - it doesn't have an ILO board and you are using the wrong connector ? (I've seen that happen...)

I'd try to remove everything that's not needed for POST and then see what happens.
CA1345194

there is no ILO card and any other pci cards, thats beside I change its configuration by minimized all parts that I can change like minimum ram, scsi 1&2,CD rom and floppy drive, but its still no signal reach to monitor, I imagine that the reason is builtin video controller or motherboard.
so if any one can help me and show me how can i test them but i have not any video PCI-X card.
and thanks for your help
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor
Solution

Have you tried a different monitor?

Also, most ProLiant's have a DIP switch on the system board to clear NVRAM. Consult the sticker on the cover for the correct DIP switch location and settings.

PCI display adapter cards are generally compatible with PCI-X slots.

The only other option without additional spare parts would be to reseat everything:
CPU's
RAM
cables
all PCI cards should be removed
CA1345194

I have tried to reseat all RAM's, power supply, memory board and CPU's, I have cleared the NVRAM and also change the monitor.

I reseat scsi A&B, CD-ROM, FLOPPY, backplane power cables, and the same thing.

all expantion slots in this server was PCI-X 64bit 100MHz, can i use normal pci video card to test if the builtin video card was the problem.
and in your opinion in this problem what part is responsiple for it
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

There are multiple revisions to the PCI specification, but to put it simply, if the card is keyed/notched so that it can be inserted in the PCI-X slot, it should be voltage compatible.

If you manage to get the system running with a PCI display adapter, the system board (which contains the integrated display adapter) should be replaced.

Also, I just checked my ML530 G2. The Memory Status LED flashes for about thirty seconds after the system is powered on, and then the Memory Status LED stays solid green.