8236 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML110 G3 - load RAID driver without floppy

SOLVED
Go to solution
Svaboda

Re: ML110 G3 - load RAID driver without floppy

Hi all and sorry for my not correct English !
So, I did exacly as "R@Mo." wrote upper but don't work again.
Windows 2003 see the USB flash drive as A drive the first time and infact I can see the 2 HD SATA on the pc(I have a HW RAID 1 not well ok on), I can choose where install the SO. The Pc (Proliant ML110 G3)start to copy files but it stop and ask again me to insert "Adaptec SATA drivers v1.00 (Windows 32 bit for 2000/XP/2003)" in the drive A.
I have again the USB flash on pc but pc don't see it; I tried too to remove and reinsert the flash but the situation don't change.
So I could not install W2k3 on the pc.
In this moment I dont know how to do it..

Hi,

I have the same probleme (request at second time acces to driver a:), and better this drivers version not run with Windows Server 2003 R2 (64bits).

"The device driver is not compatible with the x64-based version of Windows" ..

*Sigh*

Any suggest are welcome !!

Shane Moffitt

379257-B21 is not what to get

I have just recieved one express delivery and it has no connectors for the mother board. This is a normal floppy drive, not a USB floppy drive.
CA1380611

Exactly the same problem with DL320 G4...
Albany Msoffe

I have tried to do all what have been suggested above but still does not work.
excerpt using the HP external USP drive, before I buy one can someone who has already used it, tell me if it real works?
chris harrison uk2

I tried the USB approach but as someone has already mentioned its the time and cost involved, as there was no usb floppy available and to save time we have done an unattended install.

Not sure why anyone would shy away from this, after all we are all here to make money and time is money.

For a quick and easy unattended install download http://www.nliteos.com/ nlite, choose your source disk, choose unattended and select the additional drivers, point to the RAID drivers and click build. then all you need to do is burn the resulting ISO to disk, pop it in the server and hey presto.
CA1170185

I just had the exact same issue. The ML110 G3 came with 2 x 80gb drives which I wanted to mirror. So I ran the mirror process and had it build from the OS disk. However once built the pre installed OS would not load as it kept rebooting after showing the Windows Server 2003 splash screen for about 1 minute.

So I then booted off the install CD only to have the problem as described in this link.

I ran down the local computer shop where I purchased a Toshiba PA3109U-1FDD, I am not sure if it is USB 2.0 but I suspect it is.

Anyway it all worked fine , the system came with the latest BIOS at the time of writing this. The BIOS detected it and even tried to boot off it.

So I recomend this as a solution to this issue.
CA1384628

The experience of install the raid controller without a floppy:

1. enter the bios and setup the usb option to FDD mode(force the USB HDD to floppy).

2. connect a USB THUMB disk(128M) contains the driver of raid to the ML110 G3.

3. Press f6 when window setup prompted, then press 's' , you can found the driver now.

Loyal HP Custmer
SeanOS

Hi all.

Just wrecked my head for the last 2 days trying to get this to work on a DL320 G4. I managed to fix the problem by using a demo of iLO to create a virtual floppy drive to my floppy drive that had the driver disk in it. This worked a treat. Hopw this helps any one else.
adrian leffler

I tried everything aside from actually purchasing the USB floppy drive recommended by HP...I refuse to do that! These drivers should've been slipstreamed into the original cd's !

Slipstreaming the drivers into a new installation disk is exactly what I had to do.

Follow these instructions to get the drivers Slipstreamed onto your HDD. You can also use nLite, which was suggested above by Chris Harrison UK. It's very easy to use.

http://www.maximumpc.com/2005/01/how_to_slipstre.html

Okay, those instructions and nLite were great to get the slipstreamed cd copied to my local HDD but creating the bootable cd is where I got stuck.

When I got to the cd burning portion it was impossible to get any burning software to create a bootable cd that would actually work properly. After several hours, 25+ CDR's and every burning software I could download from the internet I finally bit the bullet and purchased Nero 7. It's about the same price as a USB Floppy but will actually have a use after this install. The instructions from the link above created a boot disk that gave me an error reading:

cannot boot from cd code 4

I then followed the instructions from this link to get a burn that actually booted.

http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=346

Good Luck!