ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753518 Members
5200 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML110 SATA RAID G4

Krismark

ML110 SATA RAID G4

I have just puchased an ML110 G4 (432536-015)

It has SBS2003 R2 installed on one of the drives. I need to enable the Raid controller in the bios, setup a Raid 1 with the second drive with reloading the OS. Is this able to be done? Can someone point me in the right direction. I know how to enable the raid and create the mirror, but how do I now get the existing SBS2003 to boot without BSOD.

Thanks In Advance
3 REPLIES 3
Neil Best

Hate to say it, but... me too!

I have a near identical dilemma, only mine is a new installation onto two 320GB Seagate Barracuda drives. I can configure the drives as RAID 1, and have overcome the lack of floppy controller (using usb external floppy drive) to "F6" the install, however, the SATA drivers I put on the disk don't seem to be compatible (all downloaded from HP site, or off driver disk supplied with system!!). Am I heading down the right track, or is there a driver that I haven't tried available. Pity the documentation supplied with the hardware isn't very useful!

Many thanks
Mike Cooter

Same again I'm afraid...

Managed to scrounge an extranal USB floppy, but no joy in locating diskett image, let alone getting to the stage where drivers are incorrect.

Not impressed with documentation.
Krismark

Hi,

Here the process I follow

1. At first boot F8 at raid controller and create array
2. Floppy image is available from support CD or HP website. F6 and Create 2 partions, one for OS & One for data.
3. Setup SBS 2003 from CD1.
4. Stop install and load any Drivers.
5. I have the CD's copied to a network drive, copy these over to Data partition and restart SBS install by runing \CD1\sbssetup.exe. This makes it faster as you wont have to feed it CD's