ProLiant Servers - Netservers

ML150 not starting up

Greg Hines

ML150 not starting up

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post here and I'm hoping someone can shine some light onto what might be the problem.

ML150 G2, 1GB, RAID 5(3 disks). Came into work last Monday morning and there was no video signal and you could not ping the machine. Turned the power off and then on and still no video signal, just the PSU fan going full speed. No beeps either.

Removed all the power supply connections from the HDD bay, CDROM, FDD. Removed the IDE cable from the CDROM, removed the Adaptec RAID Card, so now there is nothing installed but the PSU and the motherboard. Still no change.

Any idea what might be the cause?

TIA

Greg
4 REPLIES 4
Greg Hines

Re: ML150 not starting up

No ideas anyone?

Greg
Pieter 't Hart
Honored Contributor

at fisrt look at the color of the led on the power-supply :
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=ca&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=435422&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=435422&objectID=c01110778

the power-supply delivers different voltages, it could be the 12V for the fan's is OK but others (5V etc) are not.
Greg Hines

I can find no LEDs on the Power Supply at all. The only LEDS are the Power and Disk LEDS on the front panel.

This is a ML150 G2, may you're thinking of another Proliant Server.

Greg
Pieter 't Hart
Honored Contributor

sorry for this, but upplied link was from the ML150 G2 troubleshooting page!
after this post i've seen this ml150 is not swappable/redundant psu cabable.

first to check is still the psu.
If you can get hold of an AV-meter you can check the voltages.
on a disk-connector you shold have +12V and +5V.
psu's tend to drop the power slowly by age. until it's too low for the system to run.