1753452 Members
5775 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML330 G3 317817-002 upgraded - Raid failure

John Hattersley
Occasional Advisor

IF it were an IRQ issue - I would think that even after the OS had booted that I would have difficulty - Which I do NOT - I can read from the floppy AFTER I have booted up the Server 2000 software - just it cannot be recognised on boot-up!
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

I'm not sure that it is that simple with the IRQ's. The hardware can assign IRQ's that Windows will ignore and use Virtual IRQ's thanks to features in ACPI. I suspect that different IRQ's are in use for the same device when used in DOS versus when used from within Windows. Maybe I'm mistaken, but that is my interpretation.
John Hattersley
Occasional Advisor

I have checked as far as I can - there really is not any IRQ at boot level that appears to conflict with the IRQ for the floppy - but interestingly it will NOT boot up at all if there is NO floppy in the floppy drive (something about improper boot ...) - but it will NOT boot from a bootable floppy if it IS there. The only alternately bootable way of starting up is bootable CD - which DOES work. We have gone live with this - but I REALLY would love to work out this Quirky thing to get it floppy bootable if at ALL possible.