ProLiant Servers - Netservers

ML330 Power aplication

Jacob A Sommer
Occasional Contributor

ML330 Power aplication

I have a ProLiant ML330 server running Windows 2000 SP4. If the server is running and I remove power then apply power again, the server boots normally. If the server is in a standby/shutdown state, and I remove power, and then reapply power, the server does not boot but stays in standby/shutdown state. What I am looking for is to have the server always boot when power is applied. Is there a way to configure this? I looked through the BIOS and saw not options that resembled this feature, and I believe I am running the most current BIOS. Any thoughts? Thanks…Jake
2 REPLIES 2
Tarek Kawach
Honored Contributor

Re: ML330 Power aplication

Hi Jacob,

What version of the server is this, ML330 G1, G2 or G3.

and Exactly what is the bios version you are running.

Bios usually is ACPI Compliance. However there are drivers to to be used in device manager to make it so.

check under device manager are you using standard PC "HAL" or ACPI "HAL".

and I would disable all power options in controll panel - example standby more. A server is not made to be in standby more; I would not use any power options for servers.

Server on power outage will always remember its last state. so if it was in standby mode it will stay there, if it was in shutdown mode it will stay shutdown once power is reconnected. etc.

Regards,

Tarek.
Hey, look a light at the end of the tunnel.
Jacob A Sommer
Occasional Contributor

Re: ML330 Power aplication

I have a ML330 G3 running Bios version D15 09/01/2005.

Thanks