ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1752794 Members
5854 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML330 doesn't POST

CA1311934

ML330 doesn't POST

I added 1GB memory, a SCSI card & disk. Running XP. Primary IDE had one 30GB disk. SCSI another much smaller disk. Sec. IDE had a CD reader. All was well with the world. I noticed that the CD was not being recognized. Changed cables and set CD to CS from master. Still no luck. Swapped out CD Drives and the system won't boot up, no beeps no nothing. Took out the CD, SCSI card, extra memory. STill nothing. At the corner of the mother board, under the Sec. IDE connector, is a row of LED's They light up quite a bit when all is well. Now they are stuck with the followings ones lit: D28, D32 and D34. I can't find anywhere what this means. Anyone have any ideas?? Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
CA660088
Frequent Advisor

Well, lets start with the basics.
No video at all or no booting -they are different. No video means you will not see the Red Proliant logo and that may indicate a problem with the processor,VRM or ram. Can you reseat/replace either/both from another system? If not, try swapping chips in and out of bank 0. Does the cpu get warm when power is applied. The cd should be on CS. The other thing to consider may be that the mobo is bad. The "lights" are status lights.

see http://h200002.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/UCR/SupportManual/TPM_322375-004/TPM_322375-004.pdf
page 4-9
CA1311934

Leonard,
Thanks for the pdf file. I should have mentioned that this is an early ML330, before the Gx notation. To answer some of your questions however; the cpu seems cold, and the system emits not beeps what-so-ever. the fans and HDD are running and LED's (desc. in the earlier email) are on and there is another single amber light. I still suspect that the LEDs might give me a clue, but I don't know where to find that information. I've swapped the RAM, but no change. Next thing is to take it to a shop to be looked at.