ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1752770 Members
5135 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML350 G5 Logical Drive Failed in Raid 5

Unics

ML350 G5 Logical Drive Failed in Raid 5

If I delete Logical Drive can I just recreate it without loosing my Data and rebuild. I lost my raid controller. If I start the server after replacing the raid controller I get a message that all data will be lost if I delete logical drive. The 5 disks are in the same sequence as before.
2 REPLIES 2
Iain McCracken
Frequent Advisor

What raid controller is it connected to as if it is a smart controller it should pick up the configuration from the hard disks as the config is on the disks and the controller and the config on the disk has a priority over any on the controller if its a smart controller
Gary Benavides Meza
Trusted Contributor

Replacing the storage controller will not affect the existing logical drive and the data on the hard drives. The RAID information is stored on each of the HDDs not on the storage controller. So don't worry you can replace the storage controller you will not have to recreate the RAID and you will not loose any data. If you need further information just let me know what kind of storage controller you have and I can provide you documentation about it.