1752806 Members
5407 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML370 - Expand storage in RAID5

CA1248907

ML370 - Expand storage in RAID5

Hello,
Although I've seen an excellent answer to a similar question, my scenario is a little different. The server is an ML370 first generation (no Gx stamping) with a smart array 431 / 3-18.2GB drives in RAID5, 3 expansion slots empty. The actual partitions in Windows 2000 Server are:
C: 4GB
D: 29.9GB

I desperately need to expand the room on the C: drive and the room on the D: drive could use expansion, but it is not critical. I am willing to purchase 3 new 36 GB drives and install them, but I don't know how to make them part of the array and increase the partition sizes after that.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

-Steve
3 REPLIES 3
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/supportinformation/techpubs/user_reference_guides/146915e1.pdf

see
Expanding and Extending Capacity
Expanding the Capacity of an Array
Disk Drive Capacity Upgrades
CA1248907

Thanks. I think I know what I need to do now, thanks in part to that documentation. I can install all three new drives, use the array configuration to expand the array, then I believe I have to use windows 2000 server disk management or a partition management tool to change the partition size.

-Steve
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

an extra step from SW has to be done after HW part over, make sure update SCSI Driver , firmware for array controller and Latest Array Config Utility