ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1752777 Members
6031 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML370 G3 - Fans Failure - But Fans are good.

Albert Torres

ML370 G3 - Fans Failure - But Fans are good.

When I'm booting up my server, I get that 3 of the 4 CPU Fans are down so it doesn't let the server boot up. yet when I take the Amber lit fans and place them on slot 5 & 6 they stay on and are green lit. I tried playing musical chairs with the fans and at most I got 2 of them to stay on but it still won't let the server boot up. Is there a way to turn off the FAN check at boot up. I connected a hose with Cold ac air to the top of the Case to where the cold air hits the CPUs so they won't over heat. I just need to try and bring it up for about 30 min so I can backup my databases and move them off to another server.
Any help is greatly appeciated.

Thank you
2 REPLIES 2
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

Re: ML370 G3 - Fans Failure - But Fans are good.

It rarely happens, but sometimes the pins on the system board for the fan connector can become bent. I'd recommend pulling the power and examining the fan connectors for damage.

Re: ML370 G3 - Fans Failure - But Fans are good.

We had the same problem on ML370 G3 fan frailer Error 1611. ( 3 fans # 2,3,4 failed amber light on the fan ) We changed the motherboard P/N 290559-001 problem solved. ( changing only the fans doesn???t work and don???t waste your time )

ML370 Fan failure is most common error. If the fan failed you can???t start the server. it???s BIOS error if you have ML370 G3 server please update your BIOS ver. P28 ( one failed BIOS update doesn???t work)

ML370 G30 FAN FRAILER ERROR 1611 TEMP SOLUTION
To start the server redundant Fan # 1,3, 5 is sufficient. I manually start the fan by blowing compressed air. Then fan light became Green. Server started. You can do the work. Until your motherboard arrive. If you???re in critical situation you can try that. I have attached the photos please check. Let me know your comments.