ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1752806 Members
6686 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML370 G3 doesn't boot

Mazel Germain

ML370 G3 doesn't boot

I have a server Proliant ML370 G3 which does not start any more. I opened only the cover for removing dust. But when I started it, it ignites but does not start the server. There is a red lamp which ignites.
4 REPLIES 4
Harry Lubansky
Super Advisor

Re: ML370 G3 doesn't boot

If you are getting a red light on one of your indicators at the front, it should tell you which hardware piece is having a problem. You should at least finish the cleanup by blowing all the dust out, reseating all your memory and cards and any other device which could be affected by the dust layer, and try again.

Do you get far enough for the server to post on the screen, or give any errors? If so, those will be helpful in diagnosing the problem.
Charlie Hawkins2
Frequent Advisor

I have had this happen to me with 2 servers.
1st server: when the server arrived, the processor was not fully alligned.
2nd server: we somehow bent a few pins under the processor when replacing it for an upgrade.
When that processor cannot talk to that system board, he won't talk to you.
eric zapata

Hi,

How about a server that says:

602-diskette boot record error?

My HP Proliant ML370 G3 is running with Windows Server 2003 just restarted by itself and when it boot, it displays the above stated error and just hang.

What seems to be the problem? Please help.

Prince
Charlie Hawkins2
Frequent Advisor

I found this...hope it is of some value...

"The ProLiant DL380 G3 provides both standard USB support and legacy USB support. Standard support is provided by the operating system (OS) through the appropriate USB device drivers. Hp provides support for USB devices prior to the operating system loading through legacy USB support, which is enabled by default in the system ROM.
Try disabling legacy USB support in system ROM"

Charlie