108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML370 error 101 - I/O ROM Error

SOLVED
Go to solution
Tom Merriott

ML370 error 101 - I/O ROM Error

Hi all,

Just rebooted one of my servers here and as soon as the CPU is initialized on boot I then get :

101 - I/O ROM Error

Obviosly the ROM is cuorupt / dead - anyone point me in the right direction here? I would be VERY grateful indeed!!!

How do I replace the ROM when the error occurs so early in the boot sequence?

Many thanks,

Tom.
UK.
3 REPLIES 3
Tarek Kawach
Honored Contributor

Hi Tom:

possible you could also have a bad hardware on the server; minimize the server with min. config ; no pci cards and basic memory etc.

can try doing 2 things to fix the issue

1- clear nvram (switch or System config utility this is the bios for the server)

2- Flash the bios

follow instructions for the server maint. and service guide and search for 101 error in the pdf document.

if all failes will have to replace the system board (where the bios / cmos is)

good luck.

http://wwss1pro.compaq.com/support/reference_library/viewdocument.asp?countrycode=1000&prodid=373&source=143091-004.xml&dt=13&docid=21758
Hey, look a light at the end of the tunnel.
Tarek Kawach
Honored Contributor
Solution

101 - ROM Error 1 long, 1 short System ROM checksum

Run Diagnostics. Replace failed
assembly as indicated.

101 - I/O ROM Error None Options ROM checksum

Run Diagnostics. Replace failed

I've seen this coming from a PCI card installed; once that card is removed the error went away; could be any pci card; even the array controller.
Hey, look a light at the end of the tunnel.
Tom Merriott

Thanks very much for the replies - VERY much appreciated. I played with the server for an hour doing the usual trial and error stuff, and I found the problem.

It was the 3200 controller, when I removed that it all booted - to the stage where it scans for disks, so I put in a spare (lucky I had one!) and it booted up no problems!

Again, thanks for the replies!

One happy administrator! :-)

Tom.