7914 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML370 > Smart Array 3200 RAID Controller Problems

Karl Royal
Advisor

ML370 > Smart Array 3200 RAID Controller Problems

Hi all,

Rebooted one of my ML370's this morning. Successfully POST'ed. Smart Array 3200 began intialising. I waited. And waited. Was taking much longer than usual. Finally I received the error:

1783-Slot4 Array Controller Failure

I booted the server from a smartstart CD and tried to run the Array diagnostic utility but this simply locked up when trying to detect the controller.

Does anyone know if this is a salvagable error, or is the array controller toast?

Thanks,

Karl
6 REPLIES 6
Arthur Chang
Frequent Advisor

Dear Sir
Your array controller is failed,please change array card from HP or replace with another model,maybe 5300....
CA1109887

i am having the same problem. did you have to replace your array controller and were you able to save your array controller information. any help would be appreciated
Karl Royal
Advisor

Steven,

Binned the entire server in the end as it was over three years old, and with it all information. Couldn't get anything off the controller, every utility I tried running simply hung up at the array detection phase :(

I hope the server you have isn't too old and one of the current crop of controllers will work in it. last time I spoke to my reseller about getting a 3200 for an old box, I was quoted ├В┬г850!!! Went out and bought a new DL360 for ├В┬г200 more.

Suppose you could find out which of the current crop of array controllers would work (if any!) and throw that in....

Andreas Molsen

Hi Karl,
one off our Customer had the same Problem with his PL 5500 and SA 3200.
Verry much Dust was the cause.
I pull the drives out of the cage, only two centimetre and verify the cable connectors.
And I pull the controller.
I cleaned this Server.
After this the contact was OK!
Karl Royal
Advisor

Andreas,

That's pretty interesting stuff. I might dig the old box out of the spares bin and clean it up. I thought it might've been creep, but I took out, and reseated the card and still no joy :(
deletain

I did the same dust and clean stuff , all drive unplugged , cleaned with electrical contact cleaning fluid , now it's running back on my Proliant 5000

now it's time to make a full backup and change the server .

thanks all