ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753328 Members
4871 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML370G2 Array Configuration Help - SA431 Controller

NOFPEN

ML370G2 Array Configuration Help - SA431 Controller

I have an ML370G2 with a Smart Array 431 Controller in Slot 4. I had a single Array "A", 3x18.2GB RAID5. I have added 3x73.4GB RAID5, as a secondary Array "B". Here it is three days later, and I am still receiving the following information:

"Background parity initialization is currently queued or in progress on Compaq Smart Array 431 Controller in Slot 4 on the following logical drives:

Logical Drive 2

This is a normal operation that is necessary to initialize logical drives that have a fault tolerance with parity. If background parity initialization is queued, it will start when I/O is performed on the drives. When background parity initialization completes, the performance of the logical drives will improve."

There is an error code in brackets (15645). I cannot find any information on this. Please help.

Does anyone know how long this process should take? How can I monitor the progess of this initialization? I've done this kind of thing many times but never had this kind of problem. Thanks for reading.
2 REPLIES 2
Chris Rosan
Valued Contributor

The background parity can take a while. It's good for it if there is disk activity (not too much though.

Make sure you refresh the ACU as it may not update by itself. You can also try restarting i once had one that didn't finish but was finished when i resarted.

Bear in mind that the SA431 would at BEST be Ultra3 speed.

Can't help on the error sorry.

Andy_Stor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

As per my understanding this is not an error or warning, this is just an information, which states that Background parity initialization is queued and will only happen once the I/O happens on that particular logical drive, Have you tried coping some data on the newly created logical drive if not then copy some data on the new logical drive and this information should go away.
the Error code which you have stated i din`t found any info on it however still I will try to search if I get any info.

Cheers
Andy