1753899 Members
7672 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML530 mirror configuration

CA1250154

ML530 mirror configuration

I have a ML530 server. ( not G2 )

I need to configure two disks as a miror.
I can't find the way to doing this.
is it in the SmartStart CD ? (I have smartstart version 5.5 )

I need your help
3 REPLIES 3
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Yes all can be done with help SS CD 5.5
If it's new Install and there no other Drives, + you have Array controller, boot from SS CD run Erase Utility (if Necessary) after run with manual install (you will get three option: assisted, unatt., manual) trough process you will be asked to Configure Array trough ACU, after it will ask you to remove SS CD and Insert O/S at restart. Later access to site and download most resent Updates
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/index.html
Verify also System ROM Date from POST
CA1250154

Hi Kov,
Thank you for your reply.

It is only the two disks which I need to configure as mirror ( no other disks on the server )

I did system erase and followed the SS instructions , throug the manual installation but it didn't ask to anything related to array configuration. till I reached the point which ask to remove the SS cd. when I rebooted with the Windows cd, the operating system setup started.

by the way I noticed on the SS cd label that it contains the Array Configuration Utility. But why it doesn't come to action ?

Regards
Tamer
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Is any array controller detected over POST?
If O/S Install went over and you never noticed Array Configuration application your Controller Integrated Dual Channel Wide Ultra2 SCSI Adapter

To keep HW raid you need Array controller or you create SW raid