ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753451 Members
6067 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MS Server 2003 Installation auf RAID ohne Diskettenlaufwerk

CA1297271

MS Server 2003 Installation auf RAID ohne Diskettenlaufwerk

Wie installiert man 2003 auf einem ML110 der kein Diskettenlaufwerk hat, aber einen Adaptec SATA Controller f├╝r den die Installation in LW A: den Treiber erwartet
2 REPLIES 2
Sandhya_1
Super Advisor

Hi Schleuss,

Welcome to Forums.

Could you please provide us more details with respect to your problem? Also it will be good, if you could post your question in English. That way, more forum users will be able to understand your question and the solution that is offered.

Thanks,
Sandhya

CA1297271

okay I'll try:
We get a new Proliant 110 with an Adaptec SATA 6 chanel RAID adapter and 3 HD's 80 GB.
The server has no OS pre-installed. The Server has NO Floppy.
I try to install Win 2003 Server from the OS-CD and press F6 when the install-routine asks if an other Hard-Disk Device is to install.
A few minutes later Install tells me, that the aditional driver (for the SATA RAID) can not be installed, because the Computer has no Floppy !
So my question is, if there is a work around, to tell the Install-Routine, that the additional driver is in another device, probably the CD-Drive - OR - is a special Installation programm available, like that for the Proliant 350 / 370, where an HP-Programm preinstalles the OS and all needed Drivers.