New Discussion

MicroServer Gen10 Plus and SR-IOV

SOLVED
Go to solution
J1SE
Occasional Collector

MicroServer Gen10 Plus and SR-IOV

Hi Community,

I would like to ask if MicroServer Gen10 Plus supports SR-IOV? I was digging into specs but didn't get answer, talked to HPE sales and different sales person told me diffierent things, i am confused and hope this community could help : )

We need a kind of small server supports SR-IOV for 10gb NIC, HPE MicroServer Gen10 Plus is a strong candidate, it is good to know:

Does Microserver Gen10 Plus support SR-IOV?

if not, would it be possible SR-IOV can come as a feature in the future BIOS/SW update?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
J1SE
Occasional Collector

Re: MicroServer Gen10 Plus and SR-IOV

Hmm... how can i move this to Netserver board? now I see most of the Microserver topics are there...

Sebasbin
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi J1SE ,

HPE Microserver Gen10 Plus does not support SR-IOV and no information on future plan to support it.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

J1SE
Occasional Collector

Hi Sebasbin,

Thank you for the clear information.

I wish MSGen+ would support it.

We will consider the other small factor servers, maybe build our own.

J1SE

mysy
Valued Contributor

I think HPE disable SR-IOV function from all basic module ML or DL server. Not the card issue. Bios have disable SR-IOV function.

I have same issue in my DL20 G9 and G10 Server, same X520 NIC card work in ML110 G9 server with SR-IOV, but not in DL20.

In DL20 G10 manual, it already point out not support SR-IOV.