New Discussion

Re: MicroServer Gen10 - Server 2016 - Can't Change Resolution

SOLVED
Go to solution
UrbanIT
Occasional Visitor

MicroServer Gen10 - Server 2016 - Can't Change Resolution

Hi,

As the title states, MicroServer Gen10, MS Server 2016, AMD Radeon R5 driver installed correctly and cannot change the resolution above 640x480. Even though it is used as a headless server for SMB it is impossible to operate in this day and age at 640x480 resolution.

7 REPLIES 7
EdafioTech
Occasional Visitor

Having this exact same issue. It's also a headless backup repository. Current AMD Radeon R5 driver is installed. Windows Server 2016 Display Settings resolution drop down menu is grayed out.  

MicroGen10

Hi,

did anyone find a solution for this issue? I am facing same problem when trying to connect to server via AnyDesk.

Regards

Arne

jkitlinski

Any updates on this, same situation with a headless setup.

UrbanIT
Occasional Visitor

I finally got a response from HP when I got one of our tech's to lodge a service ticket with them. They wish to come out and change the motherboard in the MicroServer. No word if this will fix the issue, as we are still working on scheduling it. 

I will update this post after the onsite with HP.

DataBunker
Occasional Visitor

We're also seeing this issue, but with Windows 2012 R2.

Interestingly when we build the servers the resolution is fine, its only until they're onsite and we remotely access them (via LogMeIn) do we notice this stuck 640x480 resolution issue. That may sound like LogMeIn is the cause, but if we use LogMeIn before shipping its fine.

UrbanIT
Occasional Visitor
Solution

All resolved after HP replaced the main board in the server under warranty. This includes connecting remotely via TeamViewer and locally when we connect a display (normally in headless config).
mechworm