New Discussion юеВ

Re: MicroServer Gen8 - Logical Drive fail

SOLVED
Go to solution
thebob
Occasional Contributor

MicroServer Gen8 - Logical Drive fail

Hi,

I have a Proliant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T that has only one hard-drive. Unfortunately, I have a lot of problem with the controller on system board and it gives me an error about the logicial drive. Below a screenshot when the server crashs and the error reported when connected to the iLO: http://imgur.com/oyGZadw

I used the Intelligent Provisioning to upgrade all firmware and/or BIOS but even after upgrades the result is still the same. I also change the hard-drive in order to try an alternative hardware and try different position (bay 1 or bay 4 for example) again without any success.

Do you have any help to provide me? Or a way to find out exactly what is wrong with the logical drive?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro
Solution

When you replace a drive, are you going into the array configuration utiltiy and adding/removing/replacing any of the currently configured drives?  You say you only have one hard drive, but the image you posted shows two drives configured as two RAID 0 arrays.  If are not trying to setup RAID and just want to use one hard drive, the best solution would be to disable the B120i mode of the controller and set it as SATA AHCI

F9 enter RBSU - System Options - SATA Controller Options - Embedded SATA configuration

Change to 'Enable SATA AHCI Support'

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
thebob
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your answer Jimmy.

Actually on the image I posted, I have 2 logical drives on the same physical hard drive. But anyway I will try the configuration you suggested as I believe it could solve the issue. I will wait few weeks in order to know if it's stable and let you know the result.

Thank you again.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

My apologies, looking closer I now see it is one physical drive.  Using the RAID mode of this controller requires a special driver. If you set it to SATA mode then it will just use the AHCI driver that ships with the OS 

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
thebob
Occasional Contributor

Just a quick update after some time running with the new configuration and everything looks great and stable.

Thank you again for your help!

Philm_be

Hello Jimmy !

You saved my day !

I was not able to use my EVO 850 as boot drive, but setting the SATA option to "'Enable SATA AHCI Support'" solved the issue. I currently have a post regarding this problem and I will let it open for the moment as I have another server waiting for (maybe) a RAID configuration.

Philippe